Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Travel Trendz Trilogy Update: Day 27, Oct 15


























We left Batote around five in the morning and drove on for the rest of the day to reach Delhi by late evening. After the winding roads of the high Himalayas, the drive through the plains was extremely quiet and uneventful. In fact, that is what makes it dangerous. The reflexes are dulled and there is a tendency to doze off due to boredom. We made sure we stayed awake and after dinner near Karnal, we hit home to end an eventful expedition. We could not complete what we had set out to do and that was sad. But from a personal standpoint, I had made my pilgrimage to Ladakh and fulfilled a long cherished dream of driving down the Chushul road. That was a beautiful drive and I will remember it for a very long time.

I do not know why but something tells me that my journey into Ladakh is over and I may not be back again. I hope that is not the case. I love the region and would like to go back there as often as I can. Maybe not for extreme events, probably just as a regular tourist. I hope I get back within the folds of the mountains of Ladakh soon. I am yet to see Zanskar. I want to go to the Karakoram Pass. I want to spend a winter in Leh. There is so much to do. Till then … Julay!

No comments: