Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Travel Trendz Trilogy Update: Day 6, Sep 24






The road to Delhi was surprisingly clear of traffic. The stretch near Manesar is infamous for its gridlocks and I was surprised to have just sailed through. But just before the first Gurgaon flyover, there were some 20,000 trucks lined up one behind the other, not going anywhere. This was bad. Fortunately there was a service road that one could take and we sailed right beside the gridlocked vehicles and by the time I parked the Gypuzu in front of my house in Delhi, it was past three in the morning. About six hours behind schedule, and that I suspect was due to the unscheduled sleep near Ahmedabad and the problems with the car.

I picked up the phone and called home with the statement, “If you open the door maybe I can come in.” At first my wife thought I was joking and then realised I was standing outside the door. We had spoke a couple of hours back and I did not even mention that I was on my way. This was a nice surprise. Woke the kids up to say hello. I would give anything for the smile I received! Made my day and more than made up for all the fatigue.

A cup of tea and a cold shower later, I hit the bed and promptly fell asleep. It was good to be sleeping in my own bed again after more than three months.

The morning happened early. I was up and about and left home around ten to finish up chores. My job list for the expedition is an arm long and there is just so much to do. Starting from tweaking the vehicle itself. Then there was equipment to be bought, GPS systems to be acquired, people to be met, gear to be organised, etc etc etc. The list is endless. A start had to be made which was done at the garage. Next stop was at my friend’s office in Patel Nagar. He is the importer for GPS systems, altimeters, telescopes, spotters, footwear, etc. I needed him to become a c0-partner in the Trilogy and had to go convince him. He had not replied to my earlier mail and I had to do this in person. So off I went. The conversation lasted a couple of hours at the end of which I got almost 50% of what I expected. It could and should have been what I was proposing, but then cash flow realities forbade him to commit more than he did.

Yipee, now we had a couple of co-partners in SUUNTO and Salomon. My job list went up a wee bit since now I had to get stickers printed of their logos to be pasted on the vehicle. Small problem compared to the larger picture of getting hold of another partner. Thanks Sumit for believing in me.

Came back home, met a few friends from yesteryears, had the Old Monk join us in the conversation and soon enough it was time to hit the bed.

Time is coming close when we will need to head for the mountains. I can’t wait to smell the fresh mountain air again. Soon. Soon. Soon.

Follow me on the Travel Trendz Trilogy here https://www.facebook.com/traveltrendztv and here http://traveltrendztv.com/traveltrendztrilogy.php

No comments: