Thursday, September 27, 2012

Travel Trendz Trilogy Update: Day 7, Sep 25





I had hoped to have a relaxed morning, but the habit of the past few months took its toll and I was up and about pretty soon. Had a job list that was staring me in the face, the vehicle clutch was having sundry niggling issues which had to be addressed, some gear had to be picked up, etc, etc, etc.

One thing that was worrying me was the fact that I had just a single camera. Well I had three but only one decent one – the Canon 5D. The other two were a Sony Handycam and a GoPro, both of which are at best support cameras. If there was something wrong with the 5D, I would be up the creek without the proverbial paddle. And I need to pick up spare batteries, a suction mount for the GoPro and storage devices. So off I went to Chandni Chowk and it was a disaster. Parking wise. There was complete grid lock all the way, the parking area had been demolished and even a fly could not have breezed into the Chandni Chowk lane. I had to park the vehicle at the Railway Station and then take a rickshaw to the shop. The person who was supposed to have delivered the suction mount was stuck in traffic too and I had all the time in the world. Financially that meant invested in a second camera. I did not want the lens that came with it, but ended up buying that too. Good investment, but took me down more than thirty thousand bucks. My budget for the expedition is going berserk. Just yesterday I had picked up a tripod and a head that put me down by 16,000 bucks.

Anyway all these were required and it is always a better idea to be over prepared and have stuff that you may not need than not have the one little thing that you will need. That reminds me, I have to carry a spare set of clutch plates and travel chargers.

In the evening the family and I went off to meet a close family friend, in fact more of a cousin to me. He was also helping me with logistics for the Trilogy and I owed him a visit. We spent a couple of hours there and at the turn of midnight landed up at my cousin sister’s place for a visit that lasted another couple of hours. I was asleep at the wheel by the time we reached home and I promptly crashed into bed and was snoring even before the lights were switched off.
 

No comments: