Thursday, September 27, 2012

Travel Trendz Trilogy Update: Day 8, Sep 26






Today was supposed to have been a busy day. What with things left over from the job list, and the list getting longer as I remembered more and more things to do. And there was a meeting at Gurgaon at 2pm. Nothing much was accomplished pre lunch, till the time I left for the meeting. Mails were checked, some responses given, jobs were followed with the office back in Hyderabad, sundry changes were made on the website and Facebook pages and soon I took the long road to Gurgaon.

Kapil from Delhi office joined me for the meeting which went off quite well I thought. Lots of work still to do before we could initiate much of what was discussed. Made my first visit to the Travel Trendz Delhi office ... well Gurgaon actually ... had lunch and peeled off at around five. Wanted to go to the Arunachal Bhavan and Bhutan Embassy to get my permits, but they would have closed by the time I reached, so I gave that a go by and pushed it to tomorrow.

Went to meet my good friend Mohit Oberoi of Adventure18 who was kind enough to give me a scarf. But being the dufus that I am, I lost it somewhere in the darkness. I have used a similar scarf before and it is really good. I feel like kicking myself. Should have been a lot more careful.

Some logistics were tied up, the camera bag was repacked, divided into two bags and that was that. So much work still left to do tomorrow and we would have to leave by around ten at night.

Charged all the batteries, one battery at a time and there are lots – camera batteries, light batteries, pencil batteries, AAA batteries, GoPro batteries. Just putting all the batteries and cords on the table can make the head spin. How I am going to find the right cord when I need it is something I do not want to think about right now. I will wrestle with that problem when I get to it.

Another good piece of news that I received was that one of my father’s regiments has just been posted to Ladakh and they were looking forward to my visiting their location. Any amount of help that I can receive from anyone will be more than helpful and the kind of support I expect to receive from the regiment is unfathomable. Kudos to the Indian Army and its soldiers. It is the family of brother officers who really know what the term means and how to look after the families of people who have served under the same crest. Jai Hind to every person in uniform.

As I write this update, it is nearly one in the morning and I have a long drive awaiting me tomorrow night. So I shall bid you adieu and hope to see you tomorrow, or more likely the day after with an update on how the drive was to Manali.

Good night and sleep tight.
 

No comments: